Registration is now open for the Vienna Firebirds' Spring Season!
We welcome boys and girls in K to 8th grade of all experience levels to sign up.
- The season will run from March through May.
- Practices are held Mondays and Thursdays from 7pm to 8:30pm in the Madison HS wrestling room (door 10). The first practice will be on Monday March 20th at 7pm.
- Participants will receive a Firebirds team shirt and the all new gear mesh bag. If a participant already has a shirt from the Winter season, they can choose a shirt from overstock of past years.
Beyond the fundamentals of scholastic wrestling, we will focus on Freestyle and Greco, the wrestling styles practiced internationally and seen in the Olympics.
There are no local development leagues available in the Spring. Wrestlers will optionally compete in two to three tournaments held in the region (TBD). Unlike the Winter season, competition costs are not included in the entry fee.
Contact Us if you have any questions.
This is a different year and we will be following all FCPS youth guidance on COVID. Every effort will be taken to increase ventilation in rooms. Kids will be paired with a small number of drilling partners in order to decrease risk. Masks will be optional during active wrestling and competition. NVWF and TOP will each have their own set COVID guidelines and requirements. In general, kids will only be exposed to the 2-3 kids they are wrestling in a tournament.
In addition, we will ask parents to read and sign the following VYI release of liability and assumption of risk agreement.
Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Vienna Youth Incorporated (VYI) Wrestling including, but not limited to, events and activities, observation or use of facilities or equipment, participation in or acting as a spectator during any program (collectively ‘Participation’), by completing this registration form the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that, on behalf of him or herself and any of his or her minor children:
1. I am aware there are risks of exposure to directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by, or resulting from an outbreak of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to, the virus “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)”, which is responsible for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof, as a result of my Participation in the Program.
2. I am aware that my Participation or that of my minor children includes a risk of possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19; and that while particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my Participation and the Participation of any of my minor children; and,
4. I willingly agree, on behalf of myself and any of my minor children, to comply with the stated, reasonable, and/or customary terms and conditions related to my Participation—and that of my minor children—as regards protection against infectious diseases; and if I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself and my minor children, as appropriate, from Participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. I will abide by the specific rules and restrictions that VYI/Wrestling have enacted due to the aforementioned health risks and understand the 2021-2022 season may not come to it’s planned conclusion, due to any number of Covid-19 related circumstances, such as a State mandated closure or positive outbreaks in one or more teams. There will not be a refund of VYI fees/expenses if the season is canceled or suspended, this applies to a league-wide cancelation/suspension or if it is limited to only a specific team(s); and,
6. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, children and next of kin (‘Releasors’), HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, VYI Wrestling, its officers, officials, agents, consultants, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (‘Releasees’), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. I understand that VYI will release and post COVID-19 safety guidelines in the fall of 2021, prior to the start of the 2021-2022 season, when they are released by the state of Virginia and/or Fairfax County and/or Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services. I understand that my family including my minor age participants will be required to follow the guidelines.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION):
Base Cost: $50.00
Open to: Boys & Girls
born between: 01/01/2008 and 01/01/2018
In Grades: K to 8 for 2022-23 School year