To qualify for a full or partial refund, the parent of the participant MUST contact the sport's commissioner by filling out the form in the left hand menu of the specific sport page entitled "Parent Refund Request". (emailing or telling a coach or other league representative will not trigger a refund request). A copy of the submission will be sent automatically to the VYI Treasurer and the league commissioner.
The SPORT'S COMMISSIONER approves all refunds before a check can be mailed. But, unless the Sport's Commissioner contacts the Treasurer right away the refund will be provided based on the policy and the date of the Parent Refund Request.
If, after submitting the "Parent Refund Request" form, you do not receive a response within 5 business days, please be sure the sport commissioner has received your request.
Refunds are granted within the guidelines and time frames listed below.
1. Refunds are not provided to players on County or Select teams once team formation takes place.
2. Prior to the dates below, roughly coinciding with the first league scheduled practice, or other significant date for the sport.....a refund check for the full amount paid, less any processing fees ($25), non-VYI fees or VYI purchases directly related to the individual registered. Costs deducted may include County fees, VYI check handling fees, or specific uniform or equipment fees committed to by VYI on registration.
Full Refund Cutoff Dates (Minus any fees)
- Tackle Football - August 1
- Tackle Football Camp - 7 days prior to scheduled start of camp
- Flag Football - March 1
- Cheerleading - Fall: August 1, Winter: November 15, Spring: March 15
- Basketball - October 15 (November 15 for high school players)
- Wrestling - November 2
- Wrestling - November 3-December 16 (after a $50 admin fee is subtracted)
- Spring Lacrosse - January 22
- Lacrosse Clinics - 7 days prior to scheduled first session of clinic
- Spring Rugby - March 20, or within 10 days of registration (minus any costs incurred)
- Summer Rugby - June 10, or within 10 days of registration (minus any costs incurred)
- Spring Volleyball - March 15
- Fall Volleyball - September 15
- Track & Field - April 1
- Cross Country - September 1
3. The following sports provide a 50% refund of registration fees, minus any processing fees and/or incurred costs, if the request is received after the date above but prior to the date listed. If your sport is NOT listed below, then there is no refund after the date listed in the prior section.
50% Refund Cutoff Dates
- Tackle Football - August 15 (Minus county fee and other expenses)
- Cheerleading - Fall: August 15, Winter: December 1, Spring: April 1
- Flag Football - March 15
- Basketball - November 15 (December 1 for high school players)
- Spring Lacrosse - January 29
- Lacrosse Clinics - after 7 days prior, but before first session of clinic
- Track & Field - May 1
- Cross Country - October 1
- Spring Volleyball - April 1
- Fall Volleyball - September 30
4. No refunds will be issued unless submitted via the Parent Refund Request form, or when requests are made after the dates listed under sections 2 and 3.
5. Refund amounts and guidelines are determined by the sport's commissioner. Due to varying levels of costs, advance purchasing requirements for equipment and uniforms, fees paid to governing bodies (NVLL, FCYFL, etc.), and the overall organizational costs of realigning teams, each sport determines the impact of withdrawal from the program and sets refund amounts and dates accordingly. In the event a coach suggests that a child not play, even after practice starts, due to size or injury concern issues, a 50% refund, after costs incurred, may be made upon timely presentation of the Parent Refund Request form.
6. Refunds are NOT provided because families cannot, or will not, accommodate their schedules to VYI practice or game times and refunds are not provided because the league will not accommodate a specific coach/team request or car pool request, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above. In addition, injuries are a part of all sports at any level and are not generally considered as a reason for a refund, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above.
7. For Basketball, Lacrosse and Cheerleading participants, full refunds are provided to any student athlete who makes a high school team after VYI registration and withdraws for that reason. The participant must withdraw and notify the commissioner within 5 business days of being notified that they made their High School team. If funds have been specifically committed for that player such as County fees or the purchase of equipment or uniform, the refund will exclude that amount.
8. For any sport that loans or rents equipment to the participant, no refund will be issued until said equipment has been verified as returned. The date of the refund request will be adjusted to the date of the return of the equipment.
9. VYI reserves the right to change this policy at any time and to deny or approve a refund for any reason. We strive for consistency and fairness and will evaluate every request objectively. However, there may be circumstances, that VYI did not foresee when forming this refund policy, that may require us to deny or approve a particular refund request or to change the refund policy.
10. VYI will make every attempt to be consistent across this website. If there is an inconsistency between this policy and a policy listed on a particular sport's site, the commissioner for that sport will have the final determination as to which policy takes precedence. If you find an inconsistency, whether related to this policy or other web content, please report it to