Welcome to the Vienna Youth, Inc. (VYI) Lacrosse home page. VYI Lacrosse participates in the Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League (NVYLL). The purpose of the NVYLL is to provide the youth residing within the geographical boundaries of northern Virginia a healthful, enjoyable leisure time activity and as a corollary to develop qualities that may help them in later life, sportsmanship, team play, and integrity.
PJ's Sports, a local, family-owed sporting goods store located on Leesburg Pike, is offering a 10% discount to all VYI Lacrosse players and families.
No coupon is required, just identify yourself as a VYI Lacrosse family, and the discount will be applied at the register.
In addition, PJ's Sports will "give back" 5% of all VYI Lacrosse sales to VYI.
PJ's Sports is located at 7500 Leesburg Pike #12a, Falls Church VA 22043 (in the same shopping center as Trader Joe's; across Route 7 from the Whole Foods shopping center). The store's phone number is (703) 506-8009.
Concussion awareness is a growing topic in youth sports. In support of our athletes, VYI Lacrosse is providing an overview of concussions to both raise concussion awareness and also instill knowledge about the symptoms and risks of concussions across our coaching staff and parent community.
Please take a few minutes to review the information, which includes signs and symptoms of concussion and return to play risks and guidelines.
All VYI families can update their contact information: addresses, phone numbers and e-mails at any time. Here's how:
1) Click on the 'Edit My Account' button at the bottom of the lower left hand menu options.
2) Enter your e-mail address and password. (Don't know your password, just read the instructions above the data entry box.)
3) Click on any family member's name and you will have access to change what you need.
Keeping your information up to date is important. All VYI sports rely on the contact information in our database and out dated information may cause you to miss important updates.
Boys typically play on Saturday.
Girls typically play on Sunday.
Game 1: March 22/23
Game 2: March 29/30
Game 3: April 5/6
Game 4: April 12/13
Game 5: April 26/27
Game 6: May 3/4
Game 7: May 10/11
Game 8: May 17/18
Quarters: Tuesday, May 27
Semi-finals: Thursday, May 29
Finals: Saturday, May 31
All Other Playoffs Quarterfinals
Boys - Saturday, May 31
Girls - Sunday, June 1
Semi-finals - Boys and Girls
Saturday, June 7
Finals - Boys and Girls
Sunday, June 8
U9/K2 NVYLL Fun Day
Sunday, June 1
Honor The Game
How can you COMPETE WITH CLASS and HONOR THE GAME?
• Respect your coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and the fans.
• Compete with heart, honor, and hustle.
• Honor the traditions of the game and respect the ancestors of the sport.
• Have fun, be passionate, and adhere to the spirit of the game both on and off the field.